Pallet Racking: The Undeniable Space Saver
One cannot deny that pallet racks are an invention even better than sliced bread for warehouses. They are, without a doubt, the most beneficial storage systems for industries and it all due to their capacity and versatility. But pallet rack suppliers in Chennai say that most warehouses don’t use the racks to their full potential. Why is that the case?
Most warehouses and storage units employ racks to place their products or goods. That is the end of the story. They do not use methods which could maximise the space on the shelves and thus the storage capacity of the entire warehouse. Some tactics can be applied to store every item carefully and yet create extra room for new materials.
As per the leading suppliers, here are four tips on storing goods wisely on pallet racks to maximise space.
A Better Way of Pallet Racking System
- For all fast-moving items, it makes sense to switch storage. Instead of using stationary pallet racks, employ gravity flow racks. By moving the FM inventory to flow racks, these impacts happen:
- Space on shelves is freed for products that are not accessed frequently.
- Handling time of FM products is reduced.
- Product movement is enhanced due to mobile storage.
- There are always unused spaces in a room because warehouse owners don’t think out of the box. The aisle between racks that are rarely accessed. The space under a mezzanine. The area above a door. These are all locations where pallet racks can be kept. The trick is to look for areas we wouldn’t generally think of on an average day. While finding unused space is not possible every time, when it does occur it frees-up a lot of room.
Donracks delivers quality stainless steel storage racks for all your industrial and commerical needs across India. We have warehouses at Bangalore, Coimbatore, Chennai, Trichy, Hyderabad, Delhi, Vijayawada, Cochin to meet the industrial and retail storage needs.
Warehouse Storage Racks In Chennai
- An excellent method to upping the space of a unit is to decreases the width between two warehouse shelving units. The popular rule is to keep the distance between pallet racks as defined by safety regulators and manufacturers of forklifts. But instead of opting for the maximum width, a smarter way is to reduce it to a minimum. This can be safely done in sections of the warehouse where the foot-traffic is less. Also, decreasing the width doesn’t affect the flow or movement of goods even in high-traffic areas.
- Rethink the usage of pallet racks. For example, if there is a rack with extra room why not convert it into storage space for overflow while utilising a smaller shelf for the item the rack was previously used for. This method can be wielded for daily pick-up items to make more storage area. So, repurpose any rack that is not populated entirely.
In the end, all it takes to utilise the same pallet racks kept and employed in a warehouse to increase space and capacity is a little bit of out-of-the-box thinking. Look for places that you wouldn’t normally consider or options that would be the last choice and miraculously more storage space will appear.